Naturalist - Amicalola Falls State Park & Lodge
Amicalola Falls State Park & Lodge, located in Dawsonville, GA is one of Georgia's greatest natural treasures! With a 729 ft. picturesque waterfall and the starting point for those hikers going north on the Appalachian Trail, we offer camping, hiking, food & beverage, lodging, zip lines, adventure park with guided hikes, birds of prey, archery and much, much more.
We are managed by the Southeast's premiere hospitality management company, Coral Hospitality.
We are looking for a Naturalist - Wage $12.00/hr.
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Park Manager, this position conducts interpretive programs, recreational activities and team building exercises for park visitors and guests at Amicalola Falls State Park & Lodge.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should perform the following essential functions of the position:
- Care, feeding and housing of all birds, snakes and other animals used for educational purposes
- Meets or exceeds budgeted financial goals
- Understands all opening and closing procedures for the Park
- Designs, promotes, and implements a diverse and ongoing series of educational programs, workshops and special events for the Park
- Designs, promotes, and implements an ongoing program of interpretation, outdoor recreation, and public relations
- Protects the natural, cultural, historical resources of the Park
- Purchases all related supplies for activities, recreational events and team building exercises
- Provides world class Guest service in accordance with established guidelines and standards
- Works closely and professionally with the Park Manager to ensure visitor and guest satisfaction
- Provides a safe and sanitary environment for visitors, guests and employees
- Responsible for maintaining adequate inventories of all operating supplies
- Protects Park assets
Amicalola Falls State Park & Lodge is committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Pre-employment background screening will be conducted. FWP/EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans