Server/Bartender - Rosedale Golf & Country Club - PT
Under the direct supervision of the F&B Manager/Supervisor this position greets and serves the guest in accordance with standards of F&B quality, presentation and sanitation, in a gracious and professional manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Computer Skills: Must be proficient with retail point-of-sale systems.
Language Skills: Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations and using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Essential Functions of the Position:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should perform the following essential functions of the position:
- Checks assigned stations prior to opening for cleanliness of tables, chairs, floor, proper table set-up.
- Performs all necessary opening and closing side-work as per side-work schedule/assignments.
- Maintains awareness of daily specials, soups, drinks and 86’d items.
- Knowledgeable of all menu items, their garnish, contents and preparation methods.
- Knowledgeable to answer questions about the menu in a direct, concise way.
- Operates the point of sale (POS) equipment.
- Knowledgeable of proper beverage, liquor and wine menus and service.
- Follow all accounting procedures in the handling of all transactions.
- Follow the standards for proper service, bussing and re-setting of tables.
- Maintains their assigned areas in a clean, organized manner.
- Works closely with the kitchen to ensure guest satisfaction in presentation and quality of food.
- Works closely with bartender to ensure guest satisfaction in presentation and beverage quality. Follows proper service (water glasses filled, checking back with guest after serving entrée, pre-bussing, etc.).
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Customer Service –Adheres to the Coral Hospitality Basics of Service standards; responds promptly to customer needs
- Interpersonal Skills – Listens to others without interrupting; focuses on solving conflict, not blaming
- Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings
- Written Communication – Able to read and interpret written information
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Cost Consciousness – Conserves organizational resources
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values
- Professionalism – Follows through on commitments; accepts responsibility for own actions
- Quality – Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Quantity - Works quickly; completes work in a timely manner
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly
- Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; asks for and offers help when needed
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high energy, and physically demanding environment.
- Must be able to spend 90% of working time standing, walking, and reaching and 10% of working time sitting.
- Pushing, pulling and lifting objects from a lower to higher position or moving objects horizontally, from position to position.
- Feeling or grasping objects of different size and shape.
- Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling while walking, standing or crouching in narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
- Will be required to use physical capabilities including climbing and ascending or descending ladders, stairs, and ramps.
- Must be able to carry loads greater than 35 pounds and exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with our guests in the primary language of the golf club, specific to location. (Primarily English).
- Hearing sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Exposed to weather conditions and prevalent temperature changes.
- Subject to moderate to high ambient noise levels.
- Frequently required to function in narrow aisles or passageways.
No one Job Description, for any one position, can possibly encompass all responsibilities, which may be requested. The above Job Description is a summary of the major responsibilities of the position. The objective of any position is to effectively provide the services and support for the club. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.