Reservations Manager-Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the General Manager, this position supervises, trains, schedules and coordinates activities of workers engaged in taking, recording, and canceling reservations and yield management at Brasstown Valley Resort by performing the following duties.
- Maintains the Property Management System (PMS) including room inventory, rate programs, room pools, room types, hotel general information and queue processing.
- Creates and tracks annual room budget with Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Completes all room forecasting including weekly forecasts, 90 day projections monthly, as well as year end projection as needed with the General Manager and Director of Sales & Marketing and General Manager.
- Tracks monthly projections within 3% and notifies management staff of fluctuations.
- Oversees all group room blocks, billing VIPs and special requests.
- Works with General Manager on pricing strategies based on budget and 90 day forecast and critique past performances.
- Watches ceiling in Opera and assists General Manager in decision making when close to or above group ceilings.
- Trains and supervises staff on all aspects of the department and computer systems.
- Tracks all special corporate accounts for production and value.
- Manages web site – packaging, rates, availability and calendars.
- Assists team in determining pricing for local special corporate accounts.
- Assists General Manager and Director of Sales & Marketing in developing and marketing packages.
- Maintains resort presence on all internet sites and searches for additional sites that may be beneficial to the resort.
- Attends Sales Strategy team weekly meetings.
Education and/or Experience: Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.