Banquet Server-Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Banquet Manager or Captain this position is responsible for set-up and serving guests during banquet functions at Brasstown Valley Resort by performing the following duties.
- Understands BEO and how to complete a set-up.
- Sets tables in assigned area (or check to see if they have been set up) correctly, and uniformly using clean pressed linen (without stains or tears), and clean, unspotted glassware. Properly clean and fill table complements (salt and pepper, sugar, bread baskets etc.).
- Understands the menu for each function served to be able to knowledgeably explain major ingredients and preparation methods for each item to be served.
- Keeps the station neat and clean during service. Constantly patrols assigned station, refilling water and coffee, removing service items and condiments per established policies and procedures.
- Checks on the guest.
- Uses proper in-room cleaning and aisle tray break-down procedures.
- Returns all unusable table condiments to be cleaned and refilled.
- Assists the Banquet Captain in breaking down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment.
- Sets up, serves, and or breaks down coffee breaks, receptions, other special functions as assigned.
- Greats and serves guests, following the guidelines for aggressive hospitality and all other details in our policies and procedures regarding the service of food and beverage.
- Follows all guest check and money handling procedures when serving a la carte and beverage orders.
- Completes all cleaning assignments.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.