Starter/Ranger/Cart Attendant - Misty Creek Country Club
Misty Creek Country Club, located in Sarasota, FL, is one of Florida's premier country clubs! At Misty Creek, we take pride in delivering the absolute finest in Club experiences. Just as you are dedicated to do your best in whatever you do, the Misty Creek Team "Decides to be Great" on a daily basis! Through our collective commitments, we assure your strong future while enhancing our Members' and Guests' experiences.
Our core values are:
- Do the Right Thing
- Decide to be Great
- Take Pride
- Memories Matter
- We begins with Me
- CoralCares (philanthropic program)
COME AND JOIN OUR AMAZING TEAM!!!
We are managed by the Southeast's premiere hospitality management company, Coral Hospitality.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should perform the following essential functions of the position:
- Collecting and recording receipts for golfer.
- Promptly star the players on time.
- Ride golf course and maintain the proper speed of play.
- Assist in preparing outside operations for the days play.
- Finalize daily reports and give them to the Director of Golf.
- Greets all guests, offer assistance and provides the arrival and departure experience expected. Adheres to all standards of operation.
- keep order, ensure prompt tee off, and maintain the flow of golfers as they prepare to play the course
Make sure all golfers have starting tickets (receipts)
- Remain at the starter station at all times
- Pick up litter around the first tee, putting green, and pro shop
- Unlock pull carts and bring out electric carts to first tee
- Set up white and red tee markers. Blue markers may go out if a special event is scheduled.
- Install all flags
- Check all ball washers; fill with water/solution if needed
- Put water coolers at the third, seventh, and eighth holes. Fill cup dispensers.
- Check for hazards around the course
- Put rakes near sand traps, making sure all traps have at least one rake
- Make sure all equipment on the course, as well as the benches, signs, and ball washers are in good functioning condition
- Rove the course throughout your shift. Be available to as many golfers as possible
- Know all rules and enforce them
- Record and report all complaints to the Golf Pro.
- Inform any golfer who damages private property that they are liable for restitution
- See that play moves along steadily, asking slow golfers if faster golfers may play through
- Periodically check water coolers and cups, fill if needed
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high energy, and physically demanding environment.
- Must be able to spend 90% of working time standing, walking, and reaching and 10% of working time sitting.
- Pushing, pulling and lifting objects from a lower to higher position or moving objects horizontally, from position to position.
- Feeling or grasping objects of different size and shape.
- Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling while walking, standing or crouching in narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
- Will be required to use physical capabilities including climbing and ascending or descending ladders, stairs, and ramps.
- Must be able to carry loads greater than 35 pounds and exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with our guests in the primary language of the golf club, specific to location. (Primarily English).
- Hearing sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to operate a golf cart
- Exposed to weather conditions and prevalent temperature changes.
- Subject to moderate to high ambient noise levels.
- Frequently required to function in narrow aisles or passageways.
Misty Creek Country Club is an equal opportunity employers committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted. DFWP/EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans