Front Desk Manager - Amicalola Falls State Park & Lodge
Under the direct supervision of the General Manager, this position maintains the efficient operations of the Front Desk, Night Audit, Guest Services, and Reservations by providing guests with the highest degree of hospitality and service. Strives for the highest possible occupancy levels while controlling wages and other expenses.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Establishes and maintains proper credit procedures, eliminating bad debt and rebates whenever possible
- Maintains all equipment and supply inventory
- Communicates with sales and reservations to ensure all guest room rates are correct
- Ensures that each guest receives prompt and courteous reception and service
- Communicates with Housekeeping throughout the day for all rooms needed for check in
- Establishes standards and procedures for work of Front Desk and Guest Service associates
- Provide first class guest service in accordance with established guidelines and brand standards
- Plans work schedules to ensure adequate service
- Oversees the annual Front Desk operations budget to achieve or exceed budget expectations for the department
- Periodically inventories supplies and equipment
- Keep accurate record of expenditures
- Ensures Purchase Orders are expedited according to proper procedures while adhering to the budget
- Supervises the Front Desk associates to include: hiring, corrective action/discipline, performance evaluations for direct reports and recommendations for termination
- Provide excellent training and a positive work environment for all Front Desk associates in accordance with accepted brand standards
- Ensures all accounting policies and procedures are adhered to
- Supports and works by the team member handbook
- Protect Lodge assets
- Provide a safe and sanitary environment as assigned by the General Manager
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites workflow
Education and/or Experience: Four year college; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises 1-10 associates. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Products such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. Must be familiar with functionality of a Property Management System (PMS).
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical reference. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid Driver’s License
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.