Banquet Houseman - Lake Blackshear Resort
Lake Blackshear Resort & Golf Club, located in Cordele, Georgia, is looking for an extraordinary Banquet Houseman! We offer a culture that focuses on teamwork and high levels of customer service with an environment that empowers our team members to exceed guests' expectations.
Lake Blackshear Resort has 88 rooms, villas and lake cabins. Classic, minimalist-style on beautiful 8800 acre cypress lake with restaurant, bar, fitness center, conference center, marina with a lake restaurant, 18 hole-golf course designed by Denis Griffiths, hunting preserve, fishing and family/children’s programs. We are managed by the Southeast's premiere hospitality management company, Coral Hospitality.
Summary: This is a great opportunity for a hard-working, cheerful individual to work in a resort atmosphere of fine dining, catered events or night club. The best person for this position will demonstrate good work ethic, dependability, teamwork and a willingness to learn.
WAGES: This position pays $11.00.
- Understands BEO and how to complete a set-up.
- Keep the function rooms, conference areas and storage areas clean and neat at all time.
- Protects the properties assets from damage.
- Keeps banquet furniture, equipment clean and ready for use.
- Return all equipment not in use to its proper storage area in a clean condition before the end of each shift.
- Service/freshen all meeting rooms during breaks. Check temperature and see if all lights are working and adjusted properly.
- Assists Banquet staff when necessary which may include food running, bussing and buffet break down.
- Helps perform inventories of Banquet equipment and supplies.
- Clean tables, floors, and upholstery is required.
- Eliminate safety hazards.
- Follow Engineering’s Work Order Program in reporting broken or damaged equipment.
Physical Requirements: The person in this position must be able to pick-up and carry tables, chairs, boxes of linen, platform sections and other materials frequently. Lifting 50 pounds or more is sometimes required.
Lake Blackshear Resort is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted.