Assistant Food & Beverage Service Manager - Unicoi State Park & Lodge
GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR A HANDS ON F&B PROFESSIONAL!
Unicoi State Park & Lodge, located near Helen, Georgia, is looking for an extraordinary Food & Beverage Manager! We offer a culture that focuses on teamwork and high levels of customer service with an environment that empowers our team members to exceed guests' expectations. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, hands-on and prepared to operate a "best in class" food and beverage operation.
Unicoi State Park & Lodge has 100 rooms and 29 cabins contemporary style on 1000 plus acres with a restaurant, tavern, conference center, campground and adventure activities.
We offer a competitive salary, full health benefit package (medical, dental, vision, etc.) and various company benefits such as vacation. Visit our website at www.unicoilodge.com
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Food and Beverage Director, the Assistant Food & Beverage Manager directs and coordinates the activities of the Restaurant, Beverage and Banquets at Unicoi State Park & Lodge by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Education/Experience: Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or three to five (1-3) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Supervisory Duties: Manages subordinate supervisors who supervise employees in the Food and Beverage Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Achieves budgeted labor costs and guest service scores
- Participates and provides input towards food and beverage marketing activities
- Adheres to proper purchasing and requisitioning procedures
- Attends and participates in weekly food and beverage meeting and department leader meetings
- Supervises and directs all aspects of the Kitchen, Restaurant, Smith Creek Tavern and conference/banquet spaces
- Ensures that the entire guest experience (quality, sanitation, service, etc.) meets or exceeds established standards
- Identifies current and future guest services and formulates plans and actions to achieve
- Assigns, directs, supervises and trains staff in the proper methods of food and beverage service
- Collects and analyzes information concerning facility operations such as daily food and beverage sales, guest attendance and labor costs to prepare budget, maximize sales and maintain cost control
- Oversees cleaning and maintenance of equipment and facility and ensures all health and safety regulations are adhered to
- Inspects dining room to ensure all quality and service standards are followed
- Maintains food and beverage ambiance by inspecting and monitoring service stations, table linen, floors, seating, lighting and music
- Observes and directs Associate presentation for compliance with uniform and appearance standards
- Investigates and resolves food quality and service complaints
- Assists in competitive pricing and menu changes in Restaurant, Tavern and conference/banquet operations
- Operates the facilities within the established budget(s)
- Ensures Associates serve alcohol responsibly
- Maintains Guest check audits
- Spot checks to ensure proper check handling procedures
- Notifies Engineering of any facility maintenance needs through work orders
- Ensures proper sanitation of all areas
- Implements and ensures compliance of all alcohol controls
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager
Unicoi State Park & Lodge is an equal opportunity employers committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted. DFWP/EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans