Housekeeping Supervisor - The Inn at Patrick Square
Under the direct supervision of the Housekeeping Manager, this position ensures
clean, orderly, and attractive conditions of the Inn at Patrick Square.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversees the operation and assists where needed.
- Takes part in departmental line-up or conducts line-up depending upon scheduled
- Assigns job duties & room assignments.
- Sorts, folds, and carries linens.
- Cleans guests’ rooms.
- Replenish room supplies.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and draperies.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Establishes standards and procedures for work of room attendants.
- May plan work schedules to ensure adequate service.
- Inspects VIP’s in that day’s area of responsibility.
- Inspect Housekeeping vehicles to ensure they are being kept up to standard.
- Inspects all public space areas daily.
- Runs a departure report and recheck all rooms showing up.
- Inspects and evaluates condition of Resort rooms.
- Submits to Rooms Manager and Engineering work orders for painting, repairs, furnishings
- Inventories supplies and equipment.
- Support and live by the team member handbook.
- Protect property assets
- Assist with the interviewing and selection of personnel.
- Provide excellent training and a positive work environment for all housekeeping associates
- in accordance with accepted brand standards.
- Provide first class Guest service in accordance with established guidelines and brand
- Assists with payroll.
- Assists with the ordering of supplies.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the
- Customer Service –Adheres to the Coral Hospitality Basics of Service standards.
- Interpersonal Skills – Listens to others without interrupting.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect.
- Professionalism – Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Works quickly.
- Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Safety – Observes safety procedures.
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or
- one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
- and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to
- recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to
- print and speak simple sentences.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using
- whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
- furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Computer Skills: Working knowledge of the PMS system and Microsoft Word.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid Driver’s License
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an associate encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the
duties of this job, the employee must be able to stand 99% of the time for each shift; walk; sit;
use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. An employee must be able to lift 50 pounds and
push or pull 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.