Golf Course Superintendent, Misty Creek Country Club
Misty Creek Country Club, located in Sarasota, FL, is looking for an extraordinary Golf Course Superintendent. We offer a culture that focuses on teamwork and high levels of customer service with an environment that empowers our team members to exceed guests' expectations while collaborating with one another and being innovative and contemporary.
The Golf Course Superintendent will report to the Director of Operations and will be responsible for the maintenance, operation and management of the golf course. The Superintendent will also take responsibility for managing and maintaining club property that may include equipment, maintenance facility, open spaces, wooded areas, and other properties specified by club officials. The Superintendent will be accountable to protect the company’s assets while ensuring maximum member and guest satisfaction. This position is not limited to the responsibilities outlined below.
Position requires the individual to maintain flexible availability, will work weekends and holidays and may be required to return to the job site at odd hours under emergency situations.
- Interview, hire, direct and supervise a staff of employees for the purpose of maintaining the clubs properties. The Superintendent will have the authority to terminate employment of subordinates.
- Annually review all subordinates for performance, strengths, and weakness and provide feedback to make improvements.
- Develop standard operating procedures that correspond with the maintenance of the golf course and follow the departments, company philosophy.
- Develop comprehensive training of golf course workers regarding the required maintenance and safe operation of equipment and other tools used in golf course maintenance.
- Plan professional development and training activities for self and subordinates by attending turf conferences, equipment shows, workshops and other educational programs to maintain current knowledge of technical and turf innovations and changes that could affect the departments operation.
- Oversee the scheduling and routing of personnel and equipment to accomplish work.
- Inspect the golf course and related areas to evaluate how well management standards are being achieved and to effect changes in management programs if needed.
- Plans all maintenance and project work, applying his agronomic and administrative expertise to achieve agreed-upon maintenance standards.
- Establish short and long term plans for the golf course.
- Selects all turf, ornamental and tree material and supervises its care and the care of all other flora and fauna.
- Develop and maintain drainage, irrigation and watering systems.
- Oversee all course construction.
- Acquires equipment and purchases necessary supplies to maintain the golf course.
- Oversee the equipment maintenance and repair programs.
- Oversee all chemical and fertilizer applications.
- Maintain inventory controls and approves all expenditures while excersing cost control measures to keep operating and capital expenses in line with approved budgets.
- Will execute the purchase order system accurately and by established procedures.
- Keep accurate and complete records on payroll, inventory, weather data, pesticide/fertilizer applications, maintenance procedures and pumping reports.
- Prepares annual budgets for the maintenance and capital improvements.
- Must be in compliance and support a drug-free workplace.
- Must have a professional and courteous personality and be able to intelligently communicate with members, residents and staff.
- Must be a pro-active member of the management team: able to generate thoughts and ideas that result in increased financial efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide accurate and timely information to staff members to facilitate communication and the flow of information.
- Will assist and influence safety related training programs and illustrate its importance through demonstrated support.
- Supervise the general safety and security of the maintenance facility, accepting responsibility for the security of the buildings and its assets.
- Will attend all necessary meetings as appropriately directed.
- Daily accomplishment of a clean, healthy and safe working environment, one that abides by this department, OSHA and all local, state and federal standards.
- Exhibit proactive leadership as it relates to the areas of environmental responsibility.
- Will follow all corporate, resort, park, and departmental policies and procedures in a strict manner and require same from staff.
- Any other duties assigned by the General Manager.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associates in Science or equivalent in a turf related field; or five (5) years experience in turf related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires basic computer skills as it relates to industry specific technology. Must possess the ability to learn and efficiently utilize Word, Excel, out Outlook (email).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The position requires work be performed in indoor and outdoor environments. Indoor activities include sitting or standing for long periods of time, reading, writing and verbal communications and operating office equipment. Exposure to variable and sometimes adverse weather conditions and active physical work involving lifting 30-50 pounds, carrying, pushing, stooping, and reaching are required. Must be able to work long hours.
- Annual salary commensurate with experience
- Employee Travel Rewards Program
- Health Benefits and other Ancillary Benefits
Lake Blackshear Resort and Golf Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted. DFWP/EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans