Banquet Set Up Captain - Unicoi State Park & Lodge
Do you like creating memories and being a part of the team that delivers that experience every day? Unicoi State Park & Lodge is looking for a passionate, creative, fun experience-maker! Come join our team and be a part of something extraordinary!
This position is for anyone who is desiring an opportunity to learn and grow into the Hotel Banquets and Catering team. Under the supervision of the Food and Beverage Director and direction from the Catering Sales Manager, this individual will learn the many facets of servicing a variety of catering events.
Our ideal candidate will be energetic, creative, flexible and imaginative. Other qualifications include: computer literate, detail-oriented, professional written and verbal communications skills, and organized.
We are managed by the Southeast's premiere hospitality management company, Coral Hospitality.
We are looking for a Banquet Captain
To perform the job successfully, an individual should perform the following essential functions of the position:
- Ensures staff is well groomed and in proper attire. Fully briefs staff for the function
- Inspects table place settings, including table linen, china, glass, silverware and condiments for the correct placement by set-up crew and ensure each element is clean, undamaged and attractive. Checks cleanliness of function room
- Ensures proper setting of buffet tables and other food service tables used for catering functions. Ensures that all scheduled functions are on time and according to the plan. All employees and functions rooms are ready 20 minutes prior to the start of the function
- Oversees all Servers on the floor and service received by the guest throughout each function assigned.
- Oversees cleaning and post function clean up.
- Checks Servers out, making sure function rooms, aisle, and storage areas are clean and equipment is cleaned and properly stored. Ensures trash is placed in dumpster
- Ensures all china, glassware and silverware is properly separated, stacked and/or racked for delivery to dish washing area. Returns all left over food to the main kitchen for disposal or recovery
- Acquires accurate count after guests are seated for plating and preparation. Maintains constant communication with Kitchen to ensure complete, effective communication between food production and food service
- Assists in the planning stages for larger events or holidays. Uses diagrams and duty sheets to assign set up and Guest Service responsibilities
- Conducts Server training as needed, either one-on-one or in groups in classroom style. Trains and develops back up personnel for the position of Banquet Captain
- Oversees the handling, storage, and security of all catering service equipment
- Holds pre-function lineups with Banquet staff
- Maintains constant communication with guest to ensure guest expectation have been met.
- Attends BEO and other meetings as required
- Verifies staffing level for the next shift and next day’s business
- Ensures all rental equipment (linens, silverware, etc.) is accounted for and in desired area.
- Greets all event contacts in a professional manner
Unicoi State Park & Lodge is an equal opportunity employers\ committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Pre-employment background screening will be conducted. DFWP/EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans