Activity Guide/ Beach Attendant- Unicoi State Park & Lodge
Unicoi State Park & Lodge is one of Georgia's premier state parks located within the north Georgia mountains in the quaint town of Helen.
Unicoi is a beautiful park and perfect for nature lovers!! With wonderful and great accommodations surrounded by nature's playground, we couldn't help but create great experiences that only enhance our guests' getaway. From paddleboard courses and s'mores with stories around the campfire to fly fishing classes and guided hikes, we have something that all of our guests will enjoy. Our newest attraction is the Adventure Lodge, which hosts a variety of activities to include zip lines, archery ranges, and a shooting range.
At Unicoi, we take pride in delivering the absolute finest in Lodging and Park experiences for our guests. Our core values are:
- Do the Right Thing
- Decide to be Great
- Take Pride
- Memories Matter
- We begins with Me
- CoralCares (philanthropic program)
COME AND JOIN OUR AMAZING TEAM!!! Please visit our website at www.unicoilodge.com.
We are managed by the Southeast's premiere hospitality management company, Coral Hospitality.
We are looking for a hard-working Activity Guide with a love for the outdoors.
The Activities Guide will meet and greet guests who have signed up for daily activities. Each guide will be trained in the following activities: Slack-lining, Archery, Fire Pit Stories, Fly Fishing, Go Pro instruction, GPS scavenger Hunt, Guided Nature Hikes, Paddle Boarding, Primitive Camping additional activities as program demands including working in the Unicoi Adventures merchandise shop. This position is a fun, rewarding job with potential for promotion and free lunch is provided daily.
- Must be willing to work in all weather conditions and outdoor
- Sell concessions, and facilitate boat rentals
- Set-up, break-down and clean beach house daily
- Enforce beach and rental rules to ensure visitor's safety
- Treat guest with a smile, friendliness, and respect
- Supervise and train the guest in the activity
- Assure the guest are participating in the activity safely according to the activity guide
- Attend all training and meetings as scheduled
- Inspect the activity equipment before the daily activity
- Collect all equipment at the end of each activity
- Ensure that all waivers have been signed before the activity begins
- Establish a report with the guest
- Review all safety standards with the guest
- Cash handling and bank ratification
- Speak, read or write in English (Spanish is a plus)
EXPERIENCE: Six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Must be able to lift 25lbs, sit, stand, walk, follow direction, and work a flexible schedule (including weekends & holidays).
Unicoi State Park & Lodge is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted. DFWP/EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans