First Assistant - Golf Operations - Lake Blackshear Resort
SUMMARY Must have a good understanding of the entire golf operation as well as current class A membership or working towards a Class A membership with the PGA of America. Provides a safe and enjoyable golf experience for all members and guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Have full understanding of all computerized programs utilized in the golf operation.
- Designs, promotes and directs all golf activities.
- Organizes and maintains tee sheet and third-party reservations. Participates in Yield Management of the golf course
- Participates in the preparation of the annual budgets for golf operations, administers same.
- Orders supplies associated with golf activities.
- Maintain attractive, orderly appearance in the pro shop and offices. Assists in retail orders, displays and sales goals.
- Supervises pro shop staff, maintenance of golf carts, rangers, starters and bag attendants.
- Provide training and a good work environment for all staff.
- Maintains and supervises cart barn and club storage facility.
- Provides golf lessons to members and guests.
- Designs and conducts golf clinics, plays golf with members as applicable.
- Organizes and conducts club tournaments, outings and league play.
- Interprets and enforces golf rules and regulations.
- Interprets and enforces club policies, rules and regulations as well as markings of the course.
- Provide first class member service including the use of member names. (Mr. or Mrs.)
- Reports results of all golf association play to the club paper and other appropriate media.
- Works closely with club staff and committees on planning member events.
- Performs at all times in a professional manner. Must be a team player.
- Enforce and administer club attire policies.
- Monitors and reacts to pace of play on a daily basis.
- Monitor tee sheet on a daily basis and ensure accurate record keeping of club assets.
- Abide by the employee handbook, service systems and SOP manuals
- Any other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- Monitors weather conditions and reacts accordingly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must complete a player ability test, PGA required schools, pass an oral examination given by peers and continue to improve skills by attending seminars and workshops. Must have a Tournament Operations background.
Lake Blackshear Resort is an equal opportunity employers committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted. DFWP/EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans