Head Golf Professional, Lakewood Ranch
Rosedale Golf & Country Club is consistently recognized as the "Best Place to Play" in the Lakewood Ranch and Greater Sarasota/Bradenton area. From our picturesque beauty to our truly enjoyable social activities, Rosedale allows its Members and Guests to indulge in a truly exceptional lifestyle.
Conveniently located off of I-75 (Exit 217E) and SR70, public tee times are available as well as limited membership opportunities to fit any lifestyle. Come enjoy our wonderful amenities as our guest for the day or stay for a lifetime as one of our cherished members.
Winding its way among sparkling lakes and woodlands, the 18-hole championship golf course offers both challenge and breathtaking scenery to the lucky few who come to call Rosedale home. Noted golf course architect Ted McAnlis, a former Fazio team member, has succeeded brilliantly in his quest to keep the surroundings intact, imaginatively weaving fairways and greens through existing Florida forest. While water and sand come frequently into play, some say the setting itself is the greatest pleasure of all. There's an 8-acre driving range for the required time on the practice tee, and a chipping and putting green for fine tuning strokes.
Rosedale Golf & Country Club is seeking a Class A - PGA Member in good standing, with experience working in a semi-private golf club. The Head Golf Professional will be responsible for planning, organizing and directing a comprehensive golf program. This includes tee time sales, tournament operations, golf instruction, inventory control, golf handicapping, member and guest relations. The Head Golf Professional directly supervises all inside and outside golf operation associates. He/She hires, trains and supervises all golf operation associates to assure that a high level of service is consistently received at the Club. The Head Golf Professional will report to the General Manager and Coral Hospitality Corporate Office.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Have full understanding of all computerized programs utilized in the golf operation (Golf Genius).
- Promotes, organizes and maintains tee sheets for members, third party reservations and public play.
- Promotes membership sales.
- Prepares and administers annual budgets for golf operations.
- Orders supplies associated with golf activities.
- Supervisory duties such as hiring, scheduling, and directing performance of all pro shop staff, maintenance of golf carts, rangers, starters and bag attendants.
- Provide training and a good work environment for all staff.
- Provides golf lessons to members and guests.
- Organizes and conducts club tournaments, outings and league play.
- Interprets and enforces golf rules and regulations.
- Interprets and enforces club policies, rules and regulations as well as markings of the course.
- Provide first class member service including the use of member names. (Mr. or Mrs.)
- Works closely with club staff and committees on planning member events.
- Performs at all times in a professional manner. Must be a team player with management team, staff and members.
- Monitors and reacts to pace of play on a daily basis.
- Monitor tee sheet on a daily basis.
- Insure accurate record keeping of club assets.
- Monitors weather conditions and reacts accordingly.
- Responsible for merchandise sales and inventory control
- Designs, promotes and directs all golf activities.
- Maintain attractive, orderly appearance in the pro shop and offices.
- Maintains and supervises cart barn and club storage facility.
- Designs and conducts golf clinics, play golf with members as applicable.
- Reports results of all golf association play to the club paper and other appropriate media.
- Must possess basic calligraphy skills.
- Enforce and administer club attire policies.
- Abide by the employee handbook, service systems and SOP manuals
- Any other duties as assigned by the general manager.
- Promotes the club through developing relationships with local businesses and e-club solicitation
- Class A - PGA Member in good standing.
- Must have semi-private and/or public golf operation experience, minimum of 5 years experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence as well as the capacity to speak effectively in front of groups of members, guests and employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- The position requires prudent financial controls and the ability to monitor inventory levels, cost of goods sold and payroll on a daily basis to the fluctuations in business.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but unsupervised written or oral instructions.
- Must also be able to effectively deal with problems that arise in standardized situations.
- Must have computer and retail point-of-sale system knowledge (Jonas experience preferred).
- Ability to read and interpret key operational documents.
- Correspond and speak effectively in English before members and guests.
This is a full time/year-round position offering a $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 salary, plus a 10% bonus base on departmental achievements and paid annual PGA dues. Full benefit package also included.
No telephone calls.