Membership Sales Director
Summary: In Lakewood Ranch, Florida, Rosedale Golf & Country Club is looking for an energetic, professional individual who is a natural Leader. This position has responsibilities that are integral to growing and retaining membership, developing and implementing effective marketing and communications, developing and executing effective membership promotions and programs and assisting with the proactive marketing, cultivation and sales of outside events for the Club.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hours/days: Typically, Monday through Friday (some weekends required)
- Effective interpersonal skills and outstanding networking abilities
- High level of organizational skills
- Ability to conduct effective and efficient presentations to varied groups
- Ability to develop and implement effective marketing and communication strategies and programs
- Effective in developing marketing collateral, such as newsletters, ads and other communications
- Effective in utilizing social media venues and maximizing their benefits for the Club
- Ability to develop and execute successful membership promotions and programs
- Ability to cultivate and sell outside events for the Club to include catering events and golf events
- Work in conjunction with the Head Golf professional to cultivate and sell league opportunities at the Club
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Knowledge of the Club's local market area and competing clubs in order to ensure Rosedale retains a leadership position and utilizes competitive information to its advantage
- Utilize all tools available to discover new/emerging market segments and business opportunities
- Develops and proposes changes to Club sales initiatives and techniques as markets change
- Conduct consistent new member orientations – minimally on a monthly basis
- Be present at member and prospective member events in order to ensure membership growth
- Maintain current and accurate master member list and prospect member list
- Be an active participant in the development, promotion and execution of an active lifestyle club experience for membership
- Monitor the P&L and other business reports and take action accordingly
- Assist with Club operations of Rosedale Golf & Country Club as directed by the General Manager and Club Manager
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the General Manager
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service –Adheres to the Coral Hospitality Basics of Service standards.
- Interpersonal Skills – Listens to others without interrupting.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect.
- Professionalism – Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Works quickly.
- Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; asks for and offers help when needed.
Education and/or Experience: A BS Degree in marketing and/or 3 plus years of membership sales experience, communications or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer Experience: Microsoft Office experience including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Language Skills: Ability to read multi-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this Job, the associate must be able to stand 75% of the time for each shift; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell.
The associate must be able to lift 25 pounds and push or pull 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Capable of working extended hours, to include weekends and holidays as necessary.
- This position will alternate between working indoors in a controlled climate, to an outdoors setting with variable climate.
Compensation: Full time position with full benefit package. Salary based on experience.
Travel: Local travel is expected for this position.
No one Job Description, for any one position, can possibly encompass all responsibilities, which may be requested. The above Job Description is a summary of the major responsibilities of the position. The objective of any position is to effectively provide the services and support for the Club. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.