Park Maintenance Supervisor - Lake Blackshear Resort / GA Vets State Park
Lake Blackshear Resort / Georgia Veterans State Park , located in Cordele, Georgia, is looking for an extraordinary Park Maintenance Supervisor! This is a full time position. We offer a culture that focuses on teamwork and high levels of customer service with an environment that empowers our team members to exceed guests' expectations.
Lake Blackshear Resort / Georgia Veterans State Park has 88 villa and lake cabin rooms, and 82 camp sites located on a beautiful 8800 acre cypress lake with restaurant, bar, conference center, marina with a lake restaurant, 18 hole-golf course, fishing and family/children’s programs. We are managed by the Southeast's premiere hospitality management company, Coral Hospitality.
Summary: This is a great opportunity for a hard-working, cheerful individual to work in a resort atmosphere. The best person for this position will demonstrate good work ethic, dependability, teamwork and a willingness to learn.
This is an entry level Supervisor position reporting directly to the Park Resources Manager. It is full-time and entry pay is $11 per hour. There is a retention bonus of $450 paid over the first 90 days of employment. This position is eligible for medical, dental, vision, etc. at the completion of 90 days and eligible for sick days and vacation at the completion of one year.
Maintain overall maintenance and cleanliness of Park facilities to insure a positive guest experience.
- Perform supervision over 3 to 4 Park Maintenance personnel to include selection, training, and performance management. This person will also coordinate work performed by 3-5 Volunteers.
- Perform general repair and maintenance of structures and equipment found in the Park.
- Changes light bulbs, may replace fixtures, switches, fan motors, etc. and other similar minor electrical tasks.
- Must be able to perform all plumbing repairs.
- Some carpentry required for repair of buildings, shelters, docks, etc.
- Painting of structures.
- Light electrical repair.
- Supervise and perform mowing of lawn with zero turn mowers, removes weeds and brush, tree removal, hedge trimming, use of bush hog mowers, back hoe and other equipment used for general beautification of the Park.
- Supervise cleaning and stocking of all public restrooms daily.
EXPERIENCE: One (1) year or more of Supervisory experience is preferred. Knowledge and experience in carpentry, plumbing, light electrical and general repair is needed for this position. Must have experience using a personal computer.
Lake Blackshear Resort is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted.