Equipment Operator - Naples, FL
ArrowHead Golf Club, as part of Coral Hospitality, is a full service public golf facility offering a fully stocked golf pro shop, PGA professional staff, leagues, outings, tournaments, banquets and individual and group instruction. We are looking for a hard-working individual to work as an Equipment Operator for our grounds crew, who wants to be part of a team environment.
SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Assistant Superintendent or Crew Foreman, the Equipment Operator operates light motorized equipment and performs related work on the golf course and its related areas.
HOURS/DAYS: This is a full-time position working approximately 40 hours per week, 5 days per week. Position requires the individual to maintain flexible availability, will work weekends and holidays and may be required to return to the job site at odd hours under emergency situations.
- Safely operates light motorized equipment such as utility vehicles, push mowers, weed-eaters, blowers, hedge trimmers, mechanical sand rakes, flymo mowers, etc.
- Safely operates triplex mowers used for maintaining greens, tees, collars and approaches.
- Cleans and inspects machinery after each use.
- Reports machinery/equipment problems to supervisors.
- Performs sod work.
- Distributes pine straw/mulch.
- Trims trees and removes cuttings.
- Refills water coolers, collects and removes debris from course, empties litter cans and cleans restrooms.
- Waters plants.
- Cuts grass, weeds and bushes.
- Must be in compliance with and actively support a drug free workplace.
- Exhibit commitment to time management through expressed goals and objectives.
- Must be well groomed and maintain a neat, clean and well-kept appearance.
- Daily accomplishment of a clean, healthy and safe working environment, one that abides by the department standards, OSHA and all local authority standards.
- Follow all corporate and departmental policies and procedures in a strict manner.
REASONING ABILITY: This position must possess the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written/oral instructions and the ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations. They must also have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Golf course experience preferred, but not required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT: The position requires work to be performed in indoor and outdoor environments. Indoor activities include sitting or standing for long periods of time, reading, writing and verbal communication and operating office equipment. Exposure to variable and sometimes adverse weather conditions and active physical work involving lifting 50-60 pounds, carrying, pushing, stooping and reaching are required. The individual must be able to work long hours.
Pre-employment drug testing and background screening will be conducted. DFW/EOE