Irrigation Technician, Sarasota, FL
Are you interested in joining an incredible team of professionals at one of Southwest Florida’s most notable golf courses? Misty Creek Country Club offers an exceptional course for any golf enthusiast. We are proudly managed by Coral Hospitality, a leading Hospitality Management company. Benefits include, paid time off, employer health insurance, life insurance, travel benefits to other Coral Hospitality properties, golf discounts, and much more!
We look forward to meeting you!
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and skilled Irrigation Maintenance Technician. This position would be responsible for installation, repairs, troubleshooting and maintenance of underground sprinkler systems.
This position reports to the Golf Course Superintendent and requires knowledge of underground sprinkler systems. This job requires physical abilities such as physical strength, manual dexterity, and wrist-finger movement in order to perform the essential functions of the position.
Duties: The following list provides examples of the most typical duties:
• Understand the function and maintenance of the Rain Bird IC or Toro Hydraulics
• Removes old systems and recovers reusable equipment
• Sets and maintains times on computer and electronic valve clocks, troubleshoots computerized electronic systems, irrigation controllers, solenoid valves, and heads of all types.
• May instruct others in minor irrigation repairs.
• Operates tractors and trenchers to install/repair lines.
• May assist in coordination with other departments or outside contractors.
• Performs other general duties as needed and deemed necessary.
• At least two years of irrigation repair and maintenance experience and an eagerness to learn.
• Understanding of basic irrigation systems, designs and pipe sizing.
• Ability to inspect course, generate reports to ensure proper service and identify safety issues.
• Ability to troubleshoot and repair residential/commercial irrigation systems.
• Self-Starter with a strong work ethic.
- Able to work alone or in a team environment.
- Will also perform Golf course maintenance task which may include
• Ability to prioritize and multitask; Good organizational skills with an eye for detail.
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
• Strong communication and team-work skills are essential.
Mow greens, Fwy, Roughs, Tees, golf course set up and other golf course details when needed.
Compensation: $14-$16 per hour
Job Type: Full-time