Operations Manager - Little Ocmulgee Lodge
POSITION PURPOSE :
The Operations Manager will assist the General Manager in directing the Front Office and Food and Beverage teams. They will help motivate staff to meet all service and productivity standards so that we can provide an outstanding guest experience. They will help manage team members through staffing, training, discipline, scheduling, performance evaluation and special projects.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS:
This is a full time salaried position paying $50,000 per year and is eligible for vacation, holiday and sick pay, health, dental, and vision benefits. A house is included with paid electricity, water, sewage and trash pickup.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Evaluate applicants to find the right people to fill openings as they exist
- Monitor guest satisfaction scores and respond to guest's concerns. Encourage and empower team members to resolve guest complaints. Provide support when needed. Lead initiatives to improve performance scores.
- Mentor and continually train staff members to assure the service we provide is first in its class.
- Provide support and direction to other leaders across the hotel. Monitor business levels as it relates to scheduling, forecasting and budgeting. Constantly monitor staff performance and address concerns as they arise.
- Demonstrate strong cross departmental communication as an example for other leaders. Ensure current information on rates, packages and promotions is available to the front desk, F&B areas and to the other department heads.
- Assist all departments with anticipating and managing future business needs. Prepare a plan that leads all operating departments to success.
- Assist in the day to day operation of Front Desk and Food Service areas as required.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS :
- Prior supervisory experience in a guest service environment is required.
- Experience as a department leader in Front Office or Food Service is preferred.
- Must exhibit professionalism and have a desire to lead by example.
- Experience working on special projects while balancing daily responsibilities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent computer skills required.
- Experience with Room Master PMS is beneficial.
Other: This positions requires a valid driver's license and the ability to pass the ServSafe Manager level test.
Little Ocmulgee State Park and Lodge and the Wallace Adams Golf Course is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted. DFWP/EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans