Golf Course Equipment Operator - Riverwood Golf Club
Our award-winning golf course is the crown jewel of Riverwood Golf Club. Rated consistently as one of the top courses in Florida and nationwide, Riverwood boasts a four- and half-star rating from Golf Digest along with consistently being recognized with top rankings in the country. Riverwood Golf Club offers golf in nature at its very best with our front nine featuring majestic pines and strategically placed lakes while the back nine meanders amongst salt marsh and wetland preserves taking advantage of olde-Florida natural beauty.
We are seeking applicants for the Golf Course Equipment Operator position that can show up on time and are willing to work outdoors on a golf course in Florida weather conditions and not complain.
Responsibilities: The Golf Course Maintenance Equipment Operator is responsible for the care and maintenance of the golf course and surrounds. This position performs semi-skilled grounds maintenance work and related work as required on the golf course, and other club related grounds and landscaped areas.
General Golf Course Maintenance, which includes:
- Operating various large golf maintenance equipment:
- tractors, mowers, bunker rake, dump truck, etc.
- Operating various small gas powered equipment:
- string trimmer, stick edger, hedge trimmer, chainsaw, sod cutter, walk mower, etc.
- Performing manual labor:
- digging trenches, laying sod, spreading pine mulch, etc.
- Other Expectations:
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Must be able to lift 50lbs. when needed
- Must be able to work in outdoor weather conditions – rain and summer heat
- High School Diploma/GED a plus but not required.
- 2-3 years golf course maintenance experience highly desired.
Monday thru Thursday 6:00am to 2:30pm
Friday 6:00am to 10:30am
Every other Saturday and Sunday 6:00am to 8:00am
Job Type: Part Time/Full Time
Pay and Benefits: Pay – DOE
Apply in Person at: Riverwood Golf Club
4100 Riverwood Drive
Port Charlotte, Fl 33956
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining and inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws. EOE/DFWP. A pre-employment background screening will be conducted.