SALES and SERVICE COORDINATOR - BRASSTOWN VALLEY RESORT & SPA
This position is for anyone who desires an entry level opportunity to learn and grow into hotel/resort sales and service. Under the supervision of the Event Meeting Manager and Catering Sales Manager this individual will learn the many facets of selling and servicing our group rooms and catering events, including weddings.
This position requires the right individual to be dependable and reliable as they are required to present on days events are scheduled, which will be heavy weekend scheduling. Other qualifications include: computer literate, valid driver's license, professional written and verbal communications skills, organized, very detail oriented and ability to add value to the TEAM.
- Ensure that function set-up meets and/or exceeds customer expectations by working closely with each groups' meeting planners to determine their needs for meeting rooms, food and beverage, and equipment requirements.
- Ensures that functions meet the customer's expectations by following up regularly on the status of functions.
- Maintains communication and follow-up procedures in line with guidelines provided.
- Compiles and reviews daily and weekly event sheets.
- Conducts regular meeting room inspection and reports things that need to be changed/fixed to the appropriate department.
- Maintains safe working conditions within department and hotel.
- Keeps Management Team promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual maters of significance.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objective of this position.
- Conducts resort site inspections when necessary. Offers creative suggestions to up sell during these visits.
- Participates in the Manager on Duty program.
- Communicates accurate information on in-house groups to help resort associates service their needs most completely.
- Coordinate the booking of food & beverage events by managing outside solicitation and incoming inquiries.
- Attend Banquet Event Order (BEO) meetings to review and have a thorough understanding of all banquet events & details.
- Develop contracts, proposals, and customized menus to meet client needs, as well as financial goals.
- Conduct tastings on an as-needed basis for Wedding clients (with signed contracts and Wedding packages)
- Greet client prior to onset of function as needed and ensure proper hand-off to banquet captains
- Conduct Wedding rehearsals and Ceremonies
- Detail and service group functions
- Post all changes to hard-copy Banquet Event Orders (BEO) once distributed, and follow up as needed.
- Order linens and chairs from outside vendors on an as-needed basis and as indicated in wedding package inclusions
- Maintain sales log with monthly activity and sales reports
- Maintains daily contacts with in-house groups.
- Anticipates (or reacts to) group problems and provides a solution.
- Maintains effective communications with all those necessary regarding group business, reports or conventions, copies of correspondence and memos.
- Prepares specialized reports as needed.
- Understands forecasting month end reports; assists in compiling reports when needed.
- Keep abreast of budgeted revenue goals and assists in putting togher plans and actions or originates and generates business when needed.
- Responsible for knowing and abiding by all department, resort and company policies and procedures
- Maintains accurate files and reports.
Brasstown Valley Resort& Spa is an equal opportunity employers committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted. DFWP/EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans