Director of Club Operations & Membership Sales
Promote memberships sale through outbound sales efforts, networking and cultivating member referrals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and implement programs, projects and activities designed to increase and retain membership in the club.
- Represent the club in its relationships with numerous external constituencies.
- Maintains the club’s data base (membership register) of members’ files.
- Develops and ensures that established procedures for processing prospective members’ applications are consistently followed.
- Processes all requests for and transfers of membership.
- Assists prospective members in fulfilling application requirements.
- Promotes club activities using table tents, newsletters, social media, direct mail flyers and other means.
- Holds monthly prospective member functions.
- Calls and requests active members to make personal referrals and to assist with recruitment efforts.
- Processes member resignations; develops reports and undertakes special projects as applicable if membership retention problems arise.
- Determines markets to be canvassed for qualified individuals and completes and maintains perpetual member invitee roster.
- Assesses the need for and makes recommendations regarding membership classifications to help ensure that the needs of ever-changing markets are met.
- Personally, meets each club member and instills confidence that the club is operated in the best interests of the membership.
- Conducts and organizes tours for prospective members.
- Follows-up on member referrals, leads from staff, catering contracts, newspaper articles, lists, publications, etc.
- Organizes production of membership kits for sales calls, “blitzes” and direct mail activities.
- Researches the need for on-going sales promotions regarding demographics, market segmentation data, etc.
- Provides sales and other applicable training for staff members.
- Tracks the success and overall performance of all membership activities.
- Coordinates all club public relations efforts, members’ newsletters, news and media events and club brochures.
- Attends management and staff meetings.
- Develops and adheres to a departmental budget; after approval, monitors and takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that budget goals are attained.
- Plans and develops training programs and professional development opportunities for himself or herself and all other subordinates.
- Reports approved new members to the controller to initiate proper administration of their memberships; ensures that applications are completely and properly filled out, that initiation fees are collected and that new members understand the privileges and costs of becoming a member.
- Interacts with local Chamber of Commerce, “Welcome Wagon” and other community organizations to network and market the club.
- Updates club’s Web site.
- Serves as manager on duty as scheduled.
- Surveys other clubs for information useful in setting and revising club membership policies.
- Responsible for transfer of club memberships through interaction with sales agents, attorneys and title companies on behalf of buyers and sellers.
- Maintains all waiting lists for club.
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of all member information.
- Completes other appropriate assignments made by the corporate office or club manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or four to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination or education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak efficiently in English / Spanish before groups of members, guests or associates.
Ability to perform basic accounting and math computations. Analyze financial statements, manage cash flow and establish controls to safeguard funds.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form. Ability to organize and prioritize assigned projects.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The ability to effectively operate a computer. Knowledge of retail point-of-sale systems and financial business systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and taste or smell.
The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Grand Bay Club is an equal opportunity employers committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted. DFWP/EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans