Restaurant Server - Lake Blackshear Resort
Coral Hospitality , one of the top management companies in the hospitality industry, is currently searching for extraordinary Servers for the Lake Blackshear Resort & Golf Club located in Cordele, Georgia! We offer a culture that focuses on teamwork and high levels of customer service with an environment that empowers our team members to exceed guests' expectations. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, hands-on, and prepared to operate a "best in class" resort!
Lake Blackshear Resort has 88 rooms, villas and lake cabins. Classic, minimalist-style on beautiful 8800 acre cypress lake with restaurant, bar, fitness center, conference center, marina with a lake restaurant, 18 hole-golf course designed by Denis Griffiths, hunting preserve, fishing and family/children’s programs.
Please visit our website at www.coralhospitality.com or at www.lakeblackshearresort.com.
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the F&B Manager/Supervisor this position greets and serves the guest in accordance with standards of F&B quality, presentation and sanitation, in a gracious and professional manner at Lake Blackshear Resort.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Checks assigned stations prior to opening for cleanliness of tables, chairs, floor, proper table set-up.
· Performs all necessary opening and closing side-work as per side-work schedule/assignments.
· Maintains awareness of daily specials, soups, drinks and 86’d items.
· Knowledgeable of all menu items, their garnish, contents and preparation methods.
· Knowledgeable to answer questions about the menu in a direct, concise way.
· Operates the point of sale (POS) equipment.
· Knowledgeable of proper beverage, liquor and wine menus and service.
· Follow all accounting procedures in the handling of all transactions.
· Follow the standards for proper service, bussing and re-setting of tables.
· Maintains assigned areas in a clean, organized manner.
· Works closely with the kitchen to ensure guest satisfaction in presentation and quality of food.
· Works closely with bartender to ensure guest satisfaction in presentation and beverage quality.
· Follows proper service (water glasses filled, checking back with guest after serving entrée, pre-bussing, etc.).
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
· Customer Service –Adheres to the Coral Hospitality Basics of Service standards; responds promptly to customer needs.
· Interpersonal Skills – Listens to others without interrupting; focuses on solving conflict, not blaming.
· Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
· Written Communication – Able to read and interpret written information.
· Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
· Cost Consciousness – Conserves organizational resources.
· Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
· Ethics – Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
· Professionalism – Follows through on commitments; accepts responsibility for own actions.
· Quality – Monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Quantity - Works quickly; completes work in a timely manner.
· Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
· Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
· Initiative – Volunteers readily; asks for and offers help when needed.
Language Skills: Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations and using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: Must have basic computer skills.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Lake Blackshear Resort is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.