Line Cook - Lake Blackshear Resort
Coral Hospitality , one of the top management companies in the hospitality industry, is currently searching for a hardworking Line Cook for the Lake Blackshear Resort & Golf Club located in Cordele, Georgia!
Starting pay is $11.50 per hour plus, plus for a limited time, Lake Blackshear is paying a retention bonus. A new hire who completes 30 days service will be paid a $100 bonus ! At the completion of 60 days service, an additional bonus of $150 will be paid. At the completion of 90 days service, an additional bonus of $200 will be paid. This is a total of $450 paid for being employed in this position for 90 days.
We offer a culture that focuses on teamwork and high levels of customer service with an environment that empowers our team members to exceed guests' expectations. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, hands-on, and prepared to operate a "best in class" resort! Lake Blackshear Resort has 88 rooms, villas and lake cabins. Classic, minimalist-style on beautiful 8800 acre cypress lake with restaurant, bar, fitness center, conference center, marina with a lake restaurant, 18 hole-golf course designed by Denis Griffiths, hunting preserve, fishing and family/children’s programs.
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Executive Chef or Sous Chef, this position prepares, seasons, and cooks soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other food items for Lake Blackshear Resort.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hours and days: Typically Monday through Sunday with varying hours.
· Reads menu to estimate food requirements and orders food from supplier or procures food from storage.
· Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles.
· Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe to prepare soups, salads, gravies, desserts, sauces, and casseroles.
· Bakes, roasts, broils, and steams meat, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
· Adds seasoning to foods during mixing or cooking.
· Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing with fork to determine that it is cooked.
· Carves meats, portions food on serving plates, adds gravies and sauces, and garnishes servings to fill orders.
· Washes, peels, cuts, and shreds vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use.
· Butchers chickens, fish, and shellfish.
· Cuts, trims, and bones meat prior to cooking.
· Bakes bread, rolls, cakes, and pastry.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Lake Blackshear Resort / Georgia Veterans State Park is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.