Line Cook - Lake Blackshear Resort
Coral Hospitality , one of the top management companies in the hospitality industry, is currently searching for a hardworking Line Cook for the Lake Blackshear Resort & Golf Club located in Cordele, Georgia! We offer a culture that focuses on teamwork and high levels of customer service with an environment that empowers our team members to exceed guests' expectations. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, hands-on, and prepared to operate a "best in class" resort! Lake Blackshear Resort has 88 rooms, villas and lake cabins. Classic, minimalist-style on beautiful 8800 acre cypress lake with restaurant, bar, fitness center, conference center, marina with a lake restaurant, 18 hole-golf course designed by Denis Griffiths, hunting preserve, fishing and family/children’s programs.
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Executive Chef, this position prepares, seasons, and cooks soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other food items for Lake Blackshear Resort.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hours and days: Typically Monday through Sunday with varying hours.
· Reads menu to estimate food requirements and orders food from supplier or procures food from storage.
· Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles.
· Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe to prepare soups, salads, gravies, desserts, sauces, and casseroles.
· Bakes, roasts, broils, and steams meat, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
· Adds seasoning to foods during mixing or cooking.
· Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing with fork to determine that it is cooked.
· Carves meats, portions food on serving plates, adds gravies and sauces, and garnishes servings to fill orders.
· Washes, peels, cuts, and shreds vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use.
· Butchers chickens, fish, and shellfish.
· Cuts, trims, and bones meat prior to cooking.
· Bakes bread, rolls, cakes, and pastry.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Customer Service –Adheres to the Coral Hospitality Basics of Service standards.
· Interpersonal Skills – Listens to others without interrupting.
· Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
· Ethics – Treats people with respect.
· Professionalism – Follows through on commitments.
· Quality – Monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Quantity - Works quickly.
· Safety – Observes safety procedures.
· Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
· Initiative – Volunteers readily; asks for and offers help when needed.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Physical Demands: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms’ climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Lake Blackshear Resort is an equal opportunity employers committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted. DFWP/EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans