Banquet Server - Unicoi State Park & Lodge
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Banquet Captain this position is responsible for set-up and serving guests during banquet functions at Lake Blackshear Resort by performing the following duties.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We have a successful and professional work environment with opportunities for growth and career development. Every day you will have the opportunity to experience:
- A fun work environment while making great $$
- Health insurance, to include, medical, dental, vision, life insurance-, Short- and Long-Term disability, and much more
- 401 (k) retirement plan
- Paid Vacation
- Paid holidays
- Opportunity for growth and development with a leading hospitality management team
- Free Employee Meals
- Free uniforms
- Free parking
- Employee discounts at the Lodge
- Discounted room rates and golf at Coral Hospitality properties
- 12 comp rooms and 12 comp campsites at all NGMA State parks
- Free and discounted golf and park activities at other NGMA State Parks
- The most incredible views that North Georgia has to offer
- Understands BEO and how to complete a set-up.
- Set tables in assigned area (or check to see if they have been set up) correctly, and uniformly using clean pressed linen (without stains or tears), and clean, unspotted glassware. Properly clean and fill table complements (salt and pepper, sugar, breadbaskets, etc.).
- Understands the menu for each function served to be able to knowledgeably explain major ingredients and preparation methods for each item to be served.
- Keeps the station neat and clean during service. Constantly patrols assigned station, refilling water and coffee, removing service items and condiments per established policies and procedures.
- Checks on the guest.
- Uses proper in-room cleaning and aisle tray break-down procedures.
- Returns all unusable table condiments to be cleaned and refilled.
- Assists the Banquet Captain in breaking down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment.
- Sets up, serves, and or breaks down coffee breaks, receptions, other special functions as assigned.
- Greats and serves guests, following the guidelines for aggressive hospitality and all other details in our policies and procedures regarding the service of food and beverage.
- Follows all guest check and money handling procedures when serving a la carte and beverage orders.
- Understands and uses suggestive selling techniques when possible (selling a la carte wine, mixed drinks, after-dinner cordial, coffee, etc.).
We are managed by Coral Hospitality, one of the South’s premier hotel management company. To learn more, visit www.coralhospitality.com
- A waiting period may apply
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time