Equipment Manager - Sarasota, FL
We are searching for a hands-on, hardworking, talented Equipment Manager who wants to join our team at Misty Creek Country Club located in Sarasota, Florida.
Misty Creek Country Club is a semi-private country club located in Sarasota, Florida. Offering a challenging Par-72 Championship Golf Course and clubhouse overlooking the 18th-hole complete with men’s and women’s locker rooms, snack bar, lounge for a casual lunch after a round of golf and dining room for member events and dinners. Misty Creek is the perfect place to belong or even to just enjoy a great round of golf and a wonderful meal afterwards.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should perform the following essential functions of the position:
- Ability to lift 25 –100 pounds
- While performing this job, the employee may be exposed to sunlight, heat, wet and/or humid conditions
- Ability to climb on step stool or ladder to complete elements of the job or facilitate maintenance issues
- Schedule and perform appropriate preventative maintenance work on all golf course equipment
- Perform routine functions of maintenance and repairs of golf course/project equipment tractors, riding mowers and hand mowers
- Keep all mowing equipment operable and properly sharpened
- Keep service records on all equipment and major repairs to facilitate historical evaluations
- Maintain ship working area in a neat, orderly fashion and observe working conditions in compliance with all appropriate safety and compliance laws
- Work with Superintendent and Golf Maintenance Team Members in training safety of equipment with entire staff
- Maintain appropriate inventory control
- Ability to keep current with industry trends and training
- Assist with mechanical problems in other departments
- Perform other duties assigned by Leadership
- Position requires the individual to maintain flexible availability and may be required to return to the job site under emergency situations
- While performing the duties of the job, may be required to walk or stand for long periods of time, to climb, balance, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- High School Diploma/GED a plus but not required.
- 3-5 being a small to midsize engine mechanic highly desired.
Schedule: Monday through Sunday with varying hours
Work Location: One location
Job Type: Full Time
Pay and Benefits: $17.00/$18.00 an hour commensurate with experience
Send Resume to:
Address: 8954 Misty Creek Dr, Sarasota, FL 34241
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse
workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on
the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected
under federal, state or local laws. EOE/DFWP. A pre-employment
background screening will be conducted.