Line Cook - Unicoi State Park & Lodge
Unicoi State Park & Lodge is one of Georgia's premier state parks located within the north Georgia mountains in the quaint town of Helen.
Unicoi is a beautiful park and perfect for the nature lover!! With wonderful and great accommodations surrounded by nature's playground, we couldn't help but create great experiences that only enhance our guests' getaway. From paddle board courses and s'mores with stories around the campfire to fly fishing classes and guided hikes, we have something that all of our guest's will enjoy. Our newest attraction is the Adventure Lodge, which hosts a variety of activities to include zip lines, archery ranges, and a shooting range.
At Unicoi, we take pride in delivering the absolute finest in Lodging and Park experiences for our guests. Our core values are:
- Do the Right Thing
- Decide to be Great
- Take Pride
- Memories Matter
- We begins with Me
- CoralCares (philanthropic program)
COME AND JOIN OUR AMAZING TEAM!!! Please visit our website at www.unicoilodge.com.
We are managed by the Southeast's premiere hospitality management company, Coral Hospitality.
We are looking for hard-working Line Cook/Prep Cooks. Under the direct supervision of the Executive Chef and/or Kitchen Supervisor, this position prepares, seasons, and cooks soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other food items for Unicoi State Park & Lodge.
· Reads menu to estimate food requirements and orders food from supplier or procures food from storage.
· Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles.
· Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe to prepare soups, salads, gravies, desserts, sauces, and casseroles.
· Bakes, roasts, broils, and steams meat, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
· Adds seasoning to foods during mixing or cooking.
· Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing with fork to determine that it is cooked.
· Carves meats, portions food on serving plates, adds gravies and sauces, and garnishes servings to fill orders.
· Washes, peels, cuts, and shreds vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use.
· Butchers beef, pork, chicken, fish, and shellfish.
· Cuts, trims, and bones meat prior to cooking.
· Follows all ServSafe food handling and sanitation procedures.
· Knowledgeable of Banquet Event Orders (BEOs).
· Controls food waste and loss.
· Ensures all foods prepared are the highest quality and appearance in accordance with approved recipes.
· Eliminates safety hazards and reports all injuries and accidents.
· Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of all work surfaces, coolers, floors and equipment in work area.
· Properly rotates, labels and dates all foods for use and/or storage.
· Prepares orders as per chit from server. Handle any special requests of guests in a positive manner.
· Provides a positive work environment between departments.
EXPERIENCE: Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
PAY: Competitive pay and will be based on experience
Must be able to lift 50 lbs, follow direction, work a flexible schedule (including weekends & holidays).
Unicoi State Park & Lodge is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability,sexual orientation, or veteran status,or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted. DFWP/EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans