Rosedale Golf & Country Club: Assistant Golf Professional
Assistant Golf Professional
Salary: $14.00 - $17.00 Per Hour, Commensurate with experience
Basic function is to assist the Head Professional in the daily business, management and programmatic functions of the golf operation Rosedale Golf and Country Club.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Products such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. Must know how to perform research using the Internet.
Language Skills: Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations and using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should perform the following essential functions of the position:
- Assume total responsibility for the Golf Department in the Golf Professionals absence.
- Assist in the supervision of golf personnel, which includes the golf shop, cart, play coordinator and course ambassador positions.
- Establish and maintain Coral Hospitality’s Manuals, which reflect the facilities service goal and Basics of Service
- Solicit, organize, prepare and conduct tournaments as per the event information booklet located in the Golf Manual.
- Oversee and maintain accurate daily financial management and sales records.
- Complete opening and closing checklists as outlined in the Golf Manual.
- Perform merchandising duties as per the Golf Manual,
- Accurately reserves tee times and registers Members and club guests.
- Manage and maintain an accurate account of golfer’s Handicaps.
- Maintain Hole-in-one service standards as identified in the Golf Manual.
- Perform any requested administrative duties.
- Organize, monitor and maintain and adequate level of Golf shop operational supplies as outlined in the Golf Manual.
- Operate within the guidelines, policies, standards, and constraints as established by Coral Hospitality.
- Participate in member golf activities with and provide golf instruction to members and guests.
- Maintain membership with the PGA of America.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Customer Service –Adheres to the Coral Hospitality Basics of Service standards; responds promptly to customer needs
- Interpersonal Skills – Listens to others without interrupting; focuses on solving conflict, not blaming
- Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings
- Written Communication – Able to read and interpret written information
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Cost Consciousness – Conserves organizational resources
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values
- Professionalism – Follows through on commitments; accepts responsibility for own actions
- Quality – Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Quantity - Works quickly; completes work in a timely manner
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly
- Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; asks for and offers help when needed
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high energy, and physically demanding environment
- Must be able to spend 90% of working time standing, walking, and reaching and 10% of working time sitting
- Pushing, pulling and lifting objects from a lower to higher position or moving objects horizontally, from position to position
- Feeling or grasping objects of different size and shape
- Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling while walking, standing or crouching in narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces
- Will be required to use physical capabilities including climbing and ascending or descending ladders, stairs, and ramps
- Must be able to carry loads greater than 35 pounds and exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently
- Must be able to communicate clearly with our guests in the primary language of the golf club, specific to location. (Primarily English)
- Hearing sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Management
- Must be able to operate a golf cart
- Exposed to weather conditions and prevalent temperature changes
- Subject to moderate to high ambient noise levels
Rosedale Golf & Country Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Rosedale Golf & Country Club does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws, EOE/DFWP. The candidate must be able to lift 50 pounds and push or pull 100 pounds and be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time.