Line Cook - Amicalola Falls - Dawsonville, Georgia
Enjoy our million dollar view EVERYDAY!
Amicalola Falls State Park & Lodge, located in Dawsonville, GA is one of Georgia's greatest natural treasures! With a 729 ft. picturesque water fall and the starting point for those hikers going North on the Appalachian Trail, we offer camping, hiking, food & beverage, lodging, zip lines, adventure park with guided hikes, birds of prey, archery and much, much more.
We are managed by the Southeast's premiere hospitality management company, Coral Hospitality.
$600 sign on bonus
Pay Rate: Starting at $14.00-$16.00 an hour commensurate with experience
To perform the job successfully, an individual should perform the following essential functions of the position:
- Reads menu to estimate food requirements and orders food from supplier or procures food from storage
- Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe to prepare soups, salads, gravies, desserts, sauces, and casseroles
- Bakes, roasts, broils, and steams meat, fish, vegetables, and other foods
- Adds seasoning to foods during mixing or cooking
- Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing with fork to determine that it is cooked
- Carves meats, portions food on serving plates, adds gravies and sauces, and garnishes servings to fill orders
- Washes, peels, cuts, and shreds vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use
- Butchers beef, pork, chicken, fish, and shellfish
- Cuts, trims, and bones meat prior to cooking
- Follows all ServSafe food handling and sanitation procedures
- Knowledgeable of Banquet Event Orders (BEOs)
- Controls food waste and loss.
- Ensures all foods prepared are the highest quality and appearance in accordance with approved recipes
- Eliminates safety hazards and reports all injuries and accidents
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of all work surfaces, coolers, floors and equipment in work area
- Properly rotates, labels and dates all foods for use and/or storage
- Prepares orders as per chit from server. Handle any special requests of guests in a positive manner
- Provides a positive work environment between departments
The best candidate for this position will demonstrate a good work ethic, dependability, teamwork and a willingness to learn.