Front Desk Agent
The Inn at Patrick Square is a conveniently-located, beautifully-refined, modern expression of traditional southern architecture and hospitality. Artfully accented with Clemson history and pride, the Inn is a place to stay, a place to gather, a place to celebrate, and a place to learn. It is a thoughtful reflection of the heart and soul of Patrick Square and the Upstate.
We exist to create experiences and to serve a purpose. Our Purpose is our Guests and the Experiences that we all create are their Memories.
SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the General Manager, this position is responsible for the daily operations of the Inn, verifying the accuracy of guest accounts, as well as assisting with all aspects of guest services at the Inn at Patrick Square.
- Greets, registers and assigns rooms to guests
- Answers inquiries pertaining to the hotel, shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions
- Keeps records of room availability and guests’ accounts
- Makes and confirms reservations
- Posts charges such as room, food, or telephone to guest accounts
- Answer the phone and direct the call
- Perform all check-in and check-out tasks
- Liaise with our housekeeping staff to ensure all rooms are clean, tidy and fully-furnished to accommodate guests’ needs
- Respond to clients’ complaints in a timely and professional manner
- Provide information about our hotel, available rooms, rates and amenities
- Register guests collecting necessary information (like contact details and exact dates of their stay)
- Inform customers about payment methods and verify their credit card data
- Manage online and phone reservations
Experience: Six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must possesses excellent communication skills
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Must always ensure a teamwork environment
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must have strong computer skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent listening skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with guests and Colleagues
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
The Inn at Patrick Square is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Inn at Patrick Square does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws, EOE/DFWP. The candidate must be able to lift 50 pounds and push or pull 100 pounds and be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time. Background checks are performed.