Part Time Cafe Attendant - Inn at Patrick Square (Stumphouse Cafe)
The Inn at Patrick Square is a conveniently-located, beautifully-refined, modern expression of traditional southern architecture and hospitality. Artfully accented with Clemson history and pride, the Inn is a place to stay, a place to gather, a place to celebrate, and a place to learn. It is a thoughtful reflection of the heart and soul of Patrick Square and the Upstate.
We exist to create experiences and to serve a purpose. Our Purpose is our Guests and the Experiences that we all create are their Memories.
We are currently looking for a Café Attendant to join our amazing team!
SUMMARY: The Cafe Attendant will be responsible for preparing quality food and beverage orders in a timely manner daily. He or she will be responsible for creating an excellent first impression as well as providing exceptional guest service. The Cafe Attendant shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Taking guest food and beverage orders
- Ensure the orders are prepared within a timely manner
- Regularly cleans and resets dining area
- Ensures guests are comfortable and welcome if required to wait
- Maintains cleanliness of counter tops, work/food stations, and tables
- Attends mandatory daily, weekly, monthly department meetings appropriate Inn and division meetings
- Familiarizes him/herself with menu
- Answers questions and/or makes recommendations on menu as needed to guests
- Assists other attendants with monitoring for guest satisfaction, quality and additional service
- Maintains an up to date working knowledge of all special events held at the Inn
- Interacts with Inn staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information
- Addresses any guest issue promptly and with concern
- Offers guests assistance with Inn directions, activity suggestions, etc
- Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons). Reports all safety incidents to on-duty supervisor
- Acts with responsibility towards all company property, supplies and equipment
- Maintains a professional appearance. Follows all Inn at Patrick Square’s dress code standards
- Remains alert, courteous and helpful to the guests and colleagues at all times
Colleague is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school education required
- One-year food and beverage experience preferred
- At least six months customer service experience preferred
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must possesses excellent communication skills
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Must always ensure a teamwork environment
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must have strong computer skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent listening skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with guests and Colleagues
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
The Inn at Patrick Square is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Inn at Patrick Square does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws, EOE/DFWP. The candidate must be able to lift 50 pounds and push or pull 100 pounds and be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time. Background checks are performed.