Banquet Server - Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa
EXPERIENCE: WILLING TO TRAIN, PREFER SERVER EXPERIENCE
Coral Hospitality , one of the top management companies in the hospitality industry, is currently searching for a Banquet Server for Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa located in Young Harris, Georgia! We offer a culture that focuses on teamwork and high levels of customer service with an environment that empowers our team members to exceed guests' expectations. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, hands-on, and prepared to operate a "best in class" resort! Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa has134 rooms and cabins. We are a full service Resort offering: food & beverage, lodging, championship golf course, upscale spa, stables,catering, conferences, hiking, tennis, recreation and much more!
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Banquet Manager or Captain this position is responsible for set-up and serving guests during banquet functions at Brasstown Valley Resort by performing the following duties.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understands Banquet Event Order (BEO) and how to complete a set-up.
- Sets tables in assigned area (or check to see if they have been set up) correctly, and uniformly using clean pressed linen (without stains or tears), and clean, unspotted glassware. Properly clean and fill table complements (salt and pepper, sugar, bread baskets etc.).
- Understands the menu for each function served to be able to knowledgeably explain major ingredients and preparation methods for each item to be served.
- Keeps the station neat and clean during service. Constantly patrols assigned station, refilling water and coffee, removing service items and condiments per established policies and procedures.
- Checks on the guest.
- Uses proper in-room cleaning and aisle tray break-down procedures.
- Returns all unusable table condiments to be cleaned and refilled.
- Assists the Banquet Captain in breaking down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment.
- Sets up, serves, and or breaks down coffee breaks, receptions, other special functions as assigned.
- Greats and serves guests, following the guidelines for aggressive hospitality and all other details in our policies and procedures regarding the service of food and beverage.
- Follows all guest check and money handling procedures when serving a la carte and beverage orders.
- Completes all cleaning assignments.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service –Adheres to the Coral Hospitality Basics of Service standards.
- Interpersonal Skills – Listens to others without interrupting.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect.
- Professionalism – Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Works quickly.
- Safety – Observes safety procedures.
- Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; asks for and offers help when needed.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Physical Demands The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms’ climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. In performing the job duties the employee will be exposed to an outdoor environment.
Other: This positions requires a valid driver's license.
Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa is an equal opportunity employers committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted. DFWP/EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans