Assistant Park Resource Manager - Amicalola Falls State Park & Lodge
Amicalola Falls State Park & Lodge, located in Dawsonville, GA is one of Georgia's greatest natural treasures! With a 729 ft. picturesque waterfall and the starting point for those hikers going north on the Appalachian Trail, we offer camping, hiking, food & beverage, lodging, zip lines, adventure park with guided hikes, birds of prey, archery and much, much more.
We are managed by the Southeast's premiere hospitality management company, Coral Hospitality.
Salary: based on experience
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Park Resources Manager, this position directs and coordinates the operation and management of the Park.
- Balance both natural and recreational resources to protect the resource while providing safe and enjoyable recreational opportunities.
- Assist with the administration of park budgets and accounting of revenue collected through park fees and gift shop sales.
- Supervise park employees and volunteers.
- Actively participate in business development and revenue generation.
- Actively participate in park operations, customer service, cleaning, maintenance, park planning, and public relations.
- Promote a team oriented workplace and ensure that all team members are actively engaged and productive at work.
- Provide medical assistance and participate in search and rescue activities.
- Bachelor's degree in natural resources, park management or related field
- Leadership, team building and organizational skills to promote a safe and enjoyable workplace and culture.
- Experience working in a state park setting or equivalent.
- The ability and willingness to be flexible and adaptive in the workplace while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Experience providing natural resources interpretive programming in a public setting.
- Experience with park budget administration and projecting future operational costs.
- Social medical and basic computer skills is a must (Microsoft work, office, power point, etc.)
- First Aid/CPR/AED or wilderness First Responder certification is preferred
- Knowledge of trail maintenance and construction.
Amicalola Falls State Park & Lodge is committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted. FWP/EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans